For all you base set collectors (if there are any of you still out there) the base set contains all black borders which can result in chipping. But lets face it, who actually collects base cards? At least with this product the background and text are two different colors which makes reading the names easier. Lots of use of the color white which works well for the autographs. I can’t help but notice the white boxes used for some of the cards, but it works well. In some of the cases, the drivers signature bursts out of the box.
Boxes are currently selling for $125.00.
Each master box contains (3) mini boxes. Inside each mini box you should find (2) “hits” – (1) autograph and (1) relic.
I pulled the following:
- Janet Guthrie Trailblazers Auto #’ed/25
- Ernie Ervan Auto #’ed/99
- Don Garlits Auto #’ed/150
- Darrell Waltrip Pieces Of History Race-Used 2-Color Flag #’ed/50
- Kasey Kahne Prominent Pieces Race-Used 2-Color Firesuit/Shoe/Glove #’ed/25
- Ricky Rudd Pieces Of History Race-Used 2-Color Firesuit Patch #’ed/99
- Bobby Allison Trailblazers #’ed/10
- Scott Dixon #’ed/25
- Dave Marcis #’ed/99
- Memorable Moments – Glen’s First Premier Series Car #’ed/99
- Dario Franchitti #’ed/275
- Kasey Kahne #’ed/275
- Jimmie Johnson #’ed/275
- Ned Jarrett #’ed/275
- Dick Berggren #’ed/275
- Harry Gant #’ed/275
- Fred Lorenzen #’ed/275
- Memorable Moments – A Stressful Season #8
- Memorable Moments – Petty Green #7
- Memorable Moments – First Restrictor Plate Race #3
- David Pearson Trailblazers #3
- Ned Jarrett Trailblazers #5
- Dale Inman Trailblazers #6
- Cotton Owens Trailblazers #10
- (2) Danica Patrick #49
Overall, I give 2012 Press Pass Legends Racing a basic 3 tires out of 5 (1=poor & 5=perfect). I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad box of Legends Racing. When I think back to every Legends box I’ve opened, some type of multi-colored swatch or nice autograph was pulled. It will always be one of my personal favorite racing products to bust.