Sometimes you just need to try something new. That is exactly what I did when I decided to bust into a box of the new 2015 Topps UFC Knockout. I don’t follow UFC all that much. In fact, the only fighters that I know of off the top of my head are Ronda Rousey and Anderson Silva. Ronda Rousey not only do I know of from UFC, but she also has an acting career and has been in movies such as The Expendables 3 and Furious 7.
Topps has done an extremely good job with the UFC brand. Early Topps UFC products command insanely high dollar amounts. Boxes of their first UFC product, 2009 Topps UFC Round 1 now cost around $600.00. When they were first released, the MSRP was nowhere near that high. The same thing happened with 2006 Allen & Ginter.
2015 Topps UFC Knockout is configured just the way I like it. Every box has (10) mini boxes. Inside each mini box you’ll find (1) pack. On average you should find (2) autographed relics, (3) autographs, and (5) additional relics. That is a total of (10) “hits” per master box. You should also receive (10) parallel cards too.
This is a high-end “hit” driven product. The base set only contains (100) cards. The parallels include Silver #’ed/199, Gold #’ed/99, Red #’ed/8, and Mat #’ed/1. Topps decided to incorporate Museum Collection within Knockout this year. These cards look so clean just like the baseball and football counterparts. They even decided to include the very popular framed Museum Collection Autographs. Frames include Silver #’ed/15, Gold #’ed/10, and Black #’ed/5.
Even though they’re tough to find, Topps included (20) redemptions for signed full-sized fight-worn gloves. Getting full-sized memorabilia from a box has always been a neat idea. Some boxes will have Fistograph toppers. These over-sized cards are #’ed/10 and contain the fist print of a fighter along with an autograph.
Overall, it was a fun break. Quite the change from baseball and football. Boxes cost $180.00.
Here is what I pulled:
- Ronda Rousey/Miesha Tate Dynamic Duels – Dual Auto Jumbo Relic Booklet #’ed/5
- Anderson Silva Museum Collection Triple Relic Auto #’ed/20
- Abel Trujillo Relic Auto #’ed/269
- Urijah Faber Auto
- Lorenz Larkin Auto
- Cat Zingano Museum Collection Triple Relic #’ed/50
- Michael Bisping Museum Collection Triple Relic #’ed/8
- Matt Hughes/Georges St.-Pierre Dynamic Duels Relic #’ed/188
- Phil Davis Relic #’ed/188
- Jon Jones Fight Mat Relic #’ed/88
- Sarah Kaufman Gold #’ed/99
- Bobby Green Gold #’ed/99
- Miesha Tate Gold #’ed/99
- Dennis Bermudez Gold #’ed/99
- Anderson Silva Gold #’ed/99
- Liz Carmouche Silver #’ed/199
- Eddie Alvarez Silver #’ed/199
- T.J. Dillashaw Silver #’ed/199
- Benson Henderson Silver #’ed/199
- Hector Lombard Silver #’ed/199
- Aisling Daly #97