Even though the Topps Chrome brand may carry more weight in this hobby when it comes to football, it’s baseball counterpart can be quite entertaining to rip. 2015 Topps Chrome Baseball is filled with some really nice looking on-card autographs and tons of parallels for you to hunt down.
Probably the biggest surprise that Topps dropped was the inclusion of the SSP rookies. These include guys like Syndergaard, Lindor, Buxton, Gallo, and Correa. Some of these are bringing in more dollars than the autographs because of how difficult they are to pull. On top of that they each have parallels too. They definitely aren’t the easiest things to find. Topps confirmed all of this in Episode 2 of Topps Talk. Let’s not forget about those photo variations to keep an eye out for as well. I honestly don’t think anyone else does photo variations and parallels as well as Topps. All you need to do is look at how much collectors are willing to spend on low numbered parallels of their favorite players. It doesn’t even need to be a rookie either.
The inserts are cool, but most contain sticker autographs. I’d like for Topps to bring back legends to the Chrome brand. They haven’t included older players for awhile. There is just something about those old photographs on chrome card stock that looks really good. I’m not much of a base card guy, but I’m a sucker for well put together autographs and parallels.
Here is what I pulled:
- Kyle Lobstein RC Auto
- Jose Pirela RC Refractor Auto #’ed/499
- Paul Konerko Black Printing Plate #’ed 1/1
- Bryce Brentz Prism Refractor RC #69
- Jonathan Lucroy Prism Refractor #13
- Joe Mauer Prism Refractor #4
- Christian Walker Prism Refractor RC #192
- Phil Hughes Refractor #185
- Steven Moya Refractor RC #177
- Xavier Scruggs Refractor RC #166
- Christian Yelich Refractor #48
- Carlos Rodon Refractor RC #90
- Daniel Norris Refractor RC #87
- Carlos Gonzalez Refractor #11
- Masahiro Tanaka Refractor #68
- Mike Foltynewicz Future Stars #FSC-15
- Christian Walker Future Stars #FSC-12
- Yordano Ventura Chrome Commencements #COM-3