Last year Topps Mini Chrome really helped collectors out who seemed to have a difficult time getting a decent “hit” from the mainstream boxes of Topps Chrome. Even though Topps Chrome contained nice looking cards and valuable high-end “hits”, it was incredibly hard to pull anything worth talking about. When Mini Chrome arrived, that all changed. It offered all the nice looking features of Topps Chrome, but the odds of pulling a better “hit” dramatically increased. Mini Chrome was a superior product, and all was well in the world.
The main issue I have with 2015 Topps Mini Chrome is the fact that the autographs are not on-card. They’re on full-sized stickers. On the sales sheet it showed on-card autographs. The sales sheet also gave us the impression that we were going to get veteran on-card chrome autographs too. This is something we haven’t seen in a long time and would look amazing. But these came out on stickers as well. Specifics about a product have been known to change after the release of the sales sheet, but when it involves on-card autographs being switched to stickers collectors really don’t like it.
Now if you’re someone that doesn’t mind sticker autographs, I’m sure you’ll enjoy 2015 Topps Mini Chrome. It has all the bells and whistles of it’s larger sized counterpart. Unlike 2014, I think Topps Chrome takes the cake this time around.
I do like how Topps printed the photo variations on slightly thicker card stock. This goes for both Topps Chrome and Mini Chrome. That makes it a heck of a lot easier to spot them.
Here is what I pulled:
- Mike Davis Black Refractor RC Auto #’ed/25
- Patrick Peterson Yellow Printing Plate #’ed 1/1
Rookie Photo Variation
- Jameis Winston RC #200
- Landon Collins RC Refractor
- Bo Wallace RC STS Camo Refractor #’ed/99
- Vince Mayle RC Sepia
- Alex Smith Pulsar Refractor
- Andre Johnson Sepia Refractor
- T.Y. Hilton Refractor
- Joe Flacco Refractor
- Rob Gronkowski Super Bowl 50 Die-Cut
- Brett Favre 60th Anniversary
- Drew Brees 60th Anniversary
- Jaelen Strong 1976 Topps
- Dorial Green-Beckham 1989 Topps Super Rookie
- Leonard Williams 1989 Topps Super Rookie
- T.J. Yeldon 1989 Topps Super Rookie
- Tyler Lockett 1989 Topps Super Rookie
Notable Base Rookies
- Todd Gurley #110